Thursday, September 3, 2009


Two of our children, John and Elizabeth, flew out from Arizona for a 3-day visit with us, August 29 to September 1. They were coming by way of Charlotte, North Carolina and were due to arrive at the Lynchburg airport at 11:28 p.m. We got to the airport in plenty of time, we thought, to be there when they got off the plane. I let Linda off at the main entrance while I parked the car. She took a seat near the entrance to wait for me. I came in and saw her waiting and told I was going to look for a monitor to see the status of the flight. I stepped into a small eating area (this is a small regional airport) and saw a young fellow seated there, eating a large burrito. Oh, my gosh! It was John! I was so surprised!
They had arrived in record time!
Linda said that just as I walked away she heard someone in the nearby women's restroom sneeze. She said to herself, "That has to be Elizabeth!" And sure enough, out came Elizabeth from the rest room and spotted her mom!
This picture was taken just as their mother greeted them for the first time! How great it is to get a visit from members of your family when you have been away from them so long.

No comments: