Sunday, October 5, 2008

Day 33, Saturday, Oct 4, Kennebunkport, Maine

We stayed at our hotel in Wells, throughout the day on Saturday, enjoying the opening sessions of the General Conference of the Church made available through the Church Web site.

At 7:30 pm on Saturday I drove to Sanford, Maine, some 12 miles away and was able to attend the Priesthood session which was broadcast to the Sanford LDS chapel. There were about 30-35 men and boys in attendance. I had a brief conversation with one of the local brethren who introduced himself and asked about our visit. I was able to share with him that I had served in Derry and Dover, New Hampshire and in Millinocket and Bangor, Maine back in 1960-62.

We didn't take any pictures on Saturday, but include this photo taken during our drive through Kennebunkport on Friday. I guess you can appreciate that being from the Southwest, we are facinated by the sea. This is a place, open to the public, called Walker's Point.

1 comment:

richnliz said...

I miss having Conference at G&G Chapman's home years ago. We have been enjoying Conference and watching right now in our little home. I hope you have a wonderful day.

We love you!! Are kids keep asking about you, "when is G&G coming back, I miss them soo much." I said, "so do I."