Friday, September 26, 2008


Learning that serious rain and wind was being forcast for the New England area, beginning today(Friday, Sept 26), we hoped to remain in Conway, NH rather than drive through the beautiful White Mountains during rain and limited visibility. But such was not to be because of high room rates and non-availability.

So, after a comfortable night's rest at North Conway's Comfort Inn we continued on up NH Rt 16 to Goram, then turned east on US 2 stopping for the night in Bangor, Maine where I served as a missionary so many years ago (Fall and Winter of 1961).

This picture was taken along Rt 16 in the heart of the White Mountains, the tops of which are caught in the storm clouds. This drive through New Hampshires mountain region provided our best experience to date viewing the amazing colors of Fall.

1 comment:

richnliz said...

I am so glad that you are taking this trip. And at this time. I love this time of season.

I was thinking about Uncle Paul on my way to the Temple with Rich tonight and thought I wonder if Aunt Kay would be at the Temple and just I was leaving there she was talking w/ someone else I interupted them so I could give her a hug. She looked happy and she asked about you both I told her about the blog she said it had been awhile since she had seen it but would check it out again. She let me know that Paul had passed Oct 17th almost a year ago and their family plans to attend the Temple have a nice dinner and go to the graveside it was something she was looking forward on doing. I am so glad I got to see her.

Love you both